Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is A Man Getting A Manicure Feminine?

I've been getting manicures for years. I first get my nails cut, then filed and buffed and then a form of nice smelling oil coated on there, which I think smells delightful on my nails. Then during the week, I'll constantly get the dirt out of my nails, etc., etc. My brother always likes to joke with me about how girly it is, but I am curious. Is he right? Is it a very feminine thing to do?Is A Man Getting A Manicure Feminine?
I think its nice when a man can take care of himself. And so what if you like to take the effort to look good. AS long as your happy I wouldn't pay to much attention to what anyone else says! And about your brother...well ya'll wouldn't be brothers if you guys couldn't joke around with each others....Is A Man Getting A Manicure Feminine?
No, I think it fine. In fact a man with nice nails is hard to come by and shows that you like to take care of your self. Just because you have good hygiene and he doesn't, does not make you girly...
whaoo!!! lol, that is pretty girly, even i dont do that much, i probably would make fn of u to!!(but not in a mean way, dont worry)-- most girls luv it when a guy is in touch with ther girly side...but not to much
I'd say it's more of a trendy metrosexual thing %26amp; more men are feeling free to admit that they like the attention %26amp; the results.
Depends on them, If they are gay maybe and if they are str8 maybe not.....I dont think its feminine at all......
No, most guys don't because they don't care but if you want one then get one. P. Diddy gets manis and pedis all the time and he's a playa.
This was called Metro Sexual for a while.





It is basically about men taking more interest in their appearance. Culturally in modern western countries this is on the increase, but was frown upon for some while.





To be a man do you have to kill wild animals with your bare hands and be able to drink a six pack in less than a minute?





A man is defined by what is hanging between your legs, not whether your hair is lovely or your nails have engine grease under them.





I guess the question is this. Who gets the most girls, you or him?
You wouldnt be the first man to have a manicure. There are lots of men who go the whole hog, facial, massage, pedicure etc. Or even moisturise. There's nothing wrong with it really so don't feel embarrassed about it.
I think it's fine as long as u DON';T PAINT YOUR NAILS!!!! That would be over the edge. And sniffing them and saying they smell like pretty flowers is pretty gay! LOL
I wouldn't get a manicure, but I know men who do. It's OK, as long as you don't get a French Manicure.
My man doesn't get manicures but he does have a facial routine that he follows and takes very good care of his hair and skin and likes to dress stylish and look well groomed. I love those things about him and I'm glad that he likes to do those things. It tells me that he is confident and cares about himself.


I think it is great for a man to want to take care of himself. People just think it is feminine and odd because most men don't want to do something that they think others will give them a hard time about or would seem odd for a man. They want to be too manly in the eyes of society. Do what you want to do and what you like and to heck with everyone else. I personally think it's a plus in a man and I'd rather have a man that takes care of himself than one that doesn't care at all about his upkeep and appearance.
yes you are on the borderline for opting for a sex change!!
No I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping up with your appearance...I think the term for it is Metrosexual
yea its pretty feminine, i honestly would probably make jokes about it too if i knew you, but if you sound like a more feminine guy since you say things like smells delightful so maybe its your style, which is fine. just keep in mind that most girls live by the rule that they won't date anyone who takes longer gettting ready to go that they do.
Ok, to a 'macho' type guy like your brother spending the time and effort to look your best may seem a bit girly, but who cares? Plenty of us woman appreciate a guy who takes care of himself.
it's just a matter of choice, not a matter of what it makes you out to be. you are just taking care for your nails. That is very natural and if people don't like it, they can go kiss my ***.
If the man does manicure it's not a feminine thing, this is normal in my culture. I adore guys who has a clean nail especially toe nails, that is the first thing I look at in a man when they are wearing sandals. So chill out, your doing the right thing forget about what your brother said. Next time ask him to do his nail too.
No I don't think getting a manicure is limited to only females. I think men who do take good care of themselves are cleaner and look well-groomed. It's metrosexual and it's a good thing.
ya jus a lil. but when my mom got married to my step dad we had him get a manicure. lol we even had him get clear nail polish on! ha! it was hilarious!
yes its feminine
It's ok for a guy to really care about how he looks. It's not ';girlie'; or anything like that- I know a lot of hot, masculine guys who do that. Now, if you start painting your nails pink or something like that, I'd start to worry.
Not at all. I have met straight guys who get manicures because they are just more meticulous with their grooming, because they have to appear neat when facing clients.
Personal hygiene is important for everyone, not just girls. It's good that you make sure your nails are clean and trimmed. For a lot of girls, myself included, long dirty nails are a huge turn-off. So no, getting manicures is not necessarily girly. However, taking note of the ';delightful'; smelling oil... that's another story.
no, i think it`s cool!!! it shows that a guy is concerned about his appearance %26amp; wants to look his best!!!
i dont think its a matter of being feminine or not. it just shows you like to look and feel good.. i always have a hard time getting my guy friends to go w me :(
My husband is waiting until his nails grow put a bit to get a manicure. Since he wears sandals all the time, I am tryiung to get him to get a pedicure, too. Women like it when men bother to take care of themselves. Nothing feminine about it, unless you think being neat and well-cared-for is feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment