Friday, February 5, 2010

What are your thoughts about men getting manicures and pedicures?

I used to give my ex his and put clear nail polish on his nails, which he was fine with and didn't consider ';too pretty,'; but he thought it's too ';pretty'; to walk into a nail saloon to get them done (never understood the difference). When I see guys with nice hands and feet with clear nail polish, I always think they are well taken care of. However, I have heard guys saying manicures and pedicures for guys are totally ';gay.';





What are your thoughts?What are your thoughts about men getting manicures and pedicures?
At the barber shop my husband frequented there was a manicurist. He would get his nails done and cuticles removed every other week with his haircut. He kept himself groomed for his law practice. I used to complain his grooming cost less than mine for the same services.What are your thoughts about men getting manicures and pedicures?
I would totally do it. But I often feel like people would freak out if I did...
Waste of money to me. I'll wash my own hands and feet and trim my own nails, thank you. I can think of better ways to spend 40 bucks. A nice game of golf perhaps.





j
i really don't have anything against it...





anyway, I know I won't have such things done!
I see nothing wrong with them. I think I should encourage my husband to at least learn how to do them for himself(especially manicure) because he is a mechanic in the Army, and his hands and nails can get pretty ugly.
I thought that I would really like that but I was dating a guy and he went to the nail salon with me - he asked to go, I didn't suggest it or anything. It was a serious turn off to look over and see him there and I was with three friends who also seemed really uncomfortable with the whole thing. I don't know why, it just was. I never felt quite the same way about him after that.





Great if you get your gf to do it for you but not so great if youre there at the same time getting the same thing.
a lovely idea. without going into too much detail, intimacy is much nicer when fingernails are not jagged. Also, pretty male feet will alleviate the chronic problem of socks and sandals worn together. However, i don't like clear nail polish on men. it'll just chip eventually, and i don't see the point. it's a bit much. clear nail polish is for french manicures, children, and base/top coats for other colors.
I think it is ok for guys to get manicures %26amp; pedicures minus the nail polish. I would think they would want to just get their nails buffed but not polished.
Totally gay. The reason it was okay for you to do it was probably bc it was something only you two shared, he probably only did that for you.....but totally gay if he goes to get them done, especially a pedicure. And just to clarify, its not gay to have your nails cut and neat, its the polish part. And as a man cutting your nails is like brushing your teeth, you dont have to go to the dentist when you need to brush your teeth, key word here is NEED.
I think it's fine. I know a lot of women who are tired of men with dirty, scraggly fingers and toes.
Nay not so! My Significant Other loves for me to ';baby'; Him and give Him manicures and pedicures. In fact, He's coming to my place tonight and I've already told Him that I'm going to give Him a pedicure--and He's looking forward to it as much as I am looking forward to giving it to Him. He's a wonderful man and I love spoiling Him and babying Him and just taking care of Him in general. He calls me His Personal Body Slave--I am and danged proud of it.
Men who do this... well, let's just say that it SHOULD tell you more about them, then the outward 1st response of cleanliness... because there's nothing more selfish than taking time/effort %26amp; pampering yourself, by having another person groom you (in this case, its a luxury).





A pedicure, for a MAN is simply absurd -- unless you were either Tarzan, just outta the jungle... or, was Outward Bound for months and your dogs are beaten-down badly, that it takes a team to get them back, clean. You can make the case for a manicure... because usually a man can't reach/handle a clipper equally, between 2 hands (I can, as I'm ambi-dextrous, but I'm not here to braa-aag).





Men don't mind getting a haircut - because it's a once in a while thing that has to be done... grooming, for men older that Gotti-Boys/TV age... is a personal matter, and done quickly before you do something else. It's a purposeful act -- not an end, like a manicure. (In fact, most men bite their nails... as to not waste time while on the phone... waiting for a train... etc. as disgusting as that can be -- especially indoors.)





It takes a man -- that either LIKEs to be pampered.. (probably indicates over-mothering, because men don't see pampering like women do... as a ';reward'; or self-gifting)... or, it takes a man that's so bad at self-grooming, he's led to get help.. or, for a special occasion (preparing for his Wedding Photos, for example).





For one.. we are also babies.. and squeamish about letting women stick emery boards across our nails (eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!) -- even if they are cute asian girls, and will giggle at everything we say... (shhh).
It's fine. I like it when guys have neat finger nails. I don't know any men who wear nail polish though.
I had it done once by a friend who was going to college to do it properly. She did a great job. I'll probably sound a complete pervert - but it was kind of ... arousing having her oiling up my fingers and rubbing it all about.





Man, I enjoyed that.





I don't do it myself, but I did take the free offer :o)
no there poofs
Men deserve to feel they have pretty hands and feet, too!! LOL So what. It's another way for a man to get attention. God bless them if that's what they want. And I know a LOT of straight men who get manicures %26amp; pedicures (and I know several who should, tee hee) so I don't think it's a gay thing. Some men just ';think pretty.';
If a man wants to get them, that's his prerogative. Do I find it attractive? No. Just keep 'em clipped is all I ask. They don't have to be shapely or shiny with no cuticles showing.
GAY! TOTALLY GAY!
My personal preference in men is men with strong, not soft hands. This has been since I was a child. When I was little, I thought my friends' dads that had soft, smooth hands were down right creepy. My Dad was and is a hard working blue collar guy so that is what I thought all men should be. I have nothing against professional/soft handed men now that I am grown, but I just like a more rugged look. As far as manis/pedis on men, not my preference but to each his or her own.
I think it's a good idea and not gay at all. It's about personal hygene. God knows some guys do need them. I just don't think I would like my guy to join me while i'm getting mine. That's my time away from him.
Hey you know what,I don't discriminate.If that's what they like to do then that's fine by me.It wouldn't bother me one bit.
Men's manicures are required on the executive level. I like them but I don't know about polish. A buffed shine is good!
i think it's cute and funny. not in a bad way at all, just funny. i don't get manicures or pedicures, and the idea of my guy getting one is too precious! lol!
Sorry but I think it's totally gay.
I think they have very good grooming habits. I hear they tip pretty good too. :0)
Totally gay. Unless you're a man who identifies himself as a woman (i.e. female gender). Then it's totally straight.
I like men who take care of themselves. I hope that answers your question. I don't require them to do this, but I don't discriminate against them if they do.
a pedicure and a manicure are simply hygeinic and show a respect for one's appearance and health. It is NOT a 'gay' activity, that's just ridiculous.
I honestly don't understand why either sex gets manicures and pedicures. It seems like such an unnecessary expense to me. I used to go around and around with an old neighbor of ours on this topic. She and her husband were always complaining that they couldn't afford to pay their utility bills but she never, ever missed her appointments to get her nails done. Anyone can give themselves a professional manicure for nearly free. This is one of those new service industries like lawn care that were extremely rare not very long ago when measured in old people years.
Getting the manicure or pedicure I could easily consider good hygiene. The polish part is a bit over the top for me.





Than again, even *I* rarely wear nail polish...
My Dad gets very simple, no-frills manicures at a local nail salon. He's a real estate agent, and he has to look good! No polish or anything like that, he just gets his hands spiffed up a bit. I can assure you that my Dad is a very manly guy, but he recognizes that no one wants to buy a house from a guy whose hands make him look like he's a farmer in his spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment